Remote printing in AIX 1.2

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Wed Nov 28 07:58:53 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov26.164001.27772 at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> kakazu at theory.tn.cornell.edu (Gary Kakazu) writes:

>I've got 4 PS/2's hooked together through ethernet.  All I want to do
>is print a file from Machine 1 on a printer connected to Machine 2.
>I haven't found the answer in a manual yet.  I have uncommented the appropriate
>lines in /etc/qconfig and supplied the print machines name.  Still no luck.

Are these 4 systems running as a TCF cluster?? Because that's what the names
in the qconfig files are used for, its not something like specifying a remote
host name. If you are just running 4 sites on an ethernet without TCF then
what you must do is use the "remote back end" on the client and the server
with the printer must be running lpd. I belive the remote back end is called
/etc/lprbe, you must configure qconfig to call this on the client. Its been
a while, but I know this can be made to work. Good Luck.

Disclaimer: I am not an official spokesperson for LCC or IBM.
Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM