austin.ibm.com

Karl Swartz kls at ditka.UUCP
Sat Nov 24 09:59:15 AEST 1990

In article <14941 at cs.utexas.edu> fletcher at cs.utexas.edu (Fletcher Mattox) writes:
>In article <4279 at awdprime.UUCP> dcheney at dcheney.austin.ibm.com (David J. Cheney) writes:

>>The best way to find out mail paths to a specific user (AWD has for some
>>time had the uucp mail path:
>>  @cs.utexas.edu:ibmchs!auschs!<machine>.austin.ibm.com!<user>
>>) is to call the person and ask.

>Can someone please explain to me why IBM doesn't simply advertise MX
>records which point to cs.utexas.edu for all these "internal" hosts?

Perhaps they haven't yet heard about MX records and mail exchangers?
When last I looked at sendmail on AIX (on an RT a bit over a year ago)
it hadn't a clue about MX records (in addition to being rife with
severe brain damage of various sorts).

I haven't gotten around to looking on the RS/6000 yet but so far
/bin/cat is the only utility I've found so far that isn't broken
on this "new and improved" RT so I don't hold out much hope.

--
Karl Swartz			 |UUCP	{uunet,decwrl}!daver!ditka!kls
1-408/223-1308			 |INet	kls at ditka.chicago.com
"I never let my schooling get in |
the way of my education."(Twain) |Snail	1738 Deer Creek Ct., San Jose CA 95148