/usr/lpp.install, /usr/lpp.update

Benson I. Margulies benson at odi.com
Mon Nov 26 12:20:16 AEST 1990

I've plugged an additional disk into my RS6000 to make space for
/usr/lpp.install and /usr/lpp.update so that I can install my
tapeless machine across the net.

Once its installed, what horrible thing will happen if I just delete
these directories? Does lslpp have any other record of what's around?
Should I move the actual lpps back into the /usr file system after
deleting the backup format images? Or should I assume that I'm
permanently stuck with needing 520 total MB to have a usuable machine?

--
Benson I. Margulies