DBMS on RS/6000

Tim Atchison tma at progress.COM
Wed Nov 21 10:42:18 AEST 1990

bengsig at oracle.nl (Bjorn Engsig) writes:

>Article <9530001 at hpcuhc.cup.hp.com> by spuhler at hpcuhc.cup.hp.com (Tom Spuhler) says:
>|Anyone know which DBMS will work on the RS/6000?
>In a hope not to be flamed for advertising, I will shortly say that Oracle is
>available, but please contact you Oracle representative for any further info.
>--
>Bjorn Engsig,         E-mail: bengsig at oracle.com, bengsig at oracle.nl
>ORACLE Corporation    Path:   uunet!orcenl!bengsig

>            "Stepping in others footsteps, doesn't bring you ahead"

I have ported both version 5 and version 6 of PROGRESS to the RS/6000 and I
am positive that V5 is commercial and that V6 is either available as a
pre-release or ready to be shipped shortly.  In fact, our V6 product supports
X-Windows ! If you are interested, contact our pre-sales department at
617-275-4500 or 1-800-FAST-4-GL, or reply to me by email and I'll make sure
someone gets back to you.

Timothy M. Atchison			UUCP: mit-eddie!progress!tma
Progress Software Corp.		    	Internet: tma at progress.com
5 Oak Park
Bedford, MA  01730