X Server Dying

Robertson John MAJ aj4640 at dean1.usma.edu
Thu Nov 8 01:56:17 AEST 1990

I've had similar problems albeit on a different platform.  My X
server (the IBM lpp) runs on a PS/2 70 with AIX 1.2.  The machine
has 16 MB or ram.

CLients die for no apparent reason and without warning.  FOr example,
after running xinit, merely touching either mouse button on the
title bar of the term window will cause both it and the window
manager to disappear.  Only an Alt-AQction sequence brings the
the machine back, but now to the UNIX prompt.

The problem has been reported but no solutions are on hand yet.

Jack