RISC: xlf and xlc both have getenv()

Bjorn Engsig bengsig at oracle.nl
Tue Nov 13 07:07:48 AEST 1990

Hours of debugging and eventually looking in info, showed me that both
xlf and xlc on AIX 3.1 9035 have a getenv routine.  They are of course
not compatible, and the net result is that a fortran main program shouldn't
call a C subroutine that eventually call the (suposedly C-) getenv routine.
I guess the reverse is just as bad.

Are there any other cases like this?

Does somebody have a workaround before I find one myself?
Bjorn Engsig,         E-mail: bengsig at oracle.com, bengsig at oracle.nl
ORACLE Corporation    Path:   uunet!orcenl!bengsig

            "Stepping in others footsteps, doesn't bring you ahead"