Linkage problem on RS6000

ff013 ff013 at unocss.unomaha.edu
Fri Nov 30 06:29:01 AEST 1990

We are trying to link several (over 500) object modules on an RS6000
and get the error message "binder killed by signal 9".  We called
IBM Austin and were told that we are linking too many object modules.

We compile our object modules and stick the resulting object code into
an ar archive.  We then compile a single Oracle user exit file and link
our object modules and Oracle object modules together through cc.

The command is:

cc usrexit.c -o iapx ourobj.a

Does anyone have a work-around on this problem or has anyone else
experienced this problem?

ff013 at unocss.unomaha.edu