Whanted for RS/6000: xload and xlock.

Paul Lindner lindner at cs.umn.edu
Tue Nov 20 02:02:44 AEST 1990

In <13784 at june.cs.washington.edu> slh at wolf.cs.washington.edu (Scott Heyano) writes:

>In article <BIS.90Nov14121616 at krokrygg.uio.no> bis at ifi.uio.no (Bjorn Ivar Stark) writes:
>|Anyone who have successfully installed this on this machine?
>|--
>	We have a version of xlock & some program that does some sort
>	of performance monitoring.
>	However, as they are currently written both require root
>	priviledges, especially xlock.

Why, Why, Why, couldn't have IBM made uptime, w, xload etc a front end
to the same code in "sar".  Go ahead, type in sar and you'll get nice
performance stats.

sar doesn't require root either.
--
Paul Lindner, Univ. of MN   \ Microcomputer /  Pauls Law: You can't
IT Sun dude, & UofM ACM pres \ Workstation / fall off the floor.