Product Topology Diskette

Ronald S. Woan ron at woan
Wed Nov 14 10:14:28 AEST 1990

In article <7175 at hub.ucsb.edu>, 3003jalp at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Applied
Magnetics) writes:
Pierre> What is a `Product Topology Diskette' ?  Is it true that we have to
Pierre> mail one to IBM upon receipt of each machine ?  Why ?  What next ?

It is my understanding that you are supposed to have an IBM CE install
your machine for you, and he/she will run topology and mail back the
disk for you. What's it for? Well, it let's IBM know your exact
machine configuration which makes diagnosing problems and issuing
field upgrades much easier. The data can also be used for quality
tracking, etc...

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan at peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin at iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +