Third party SCSI cables for RS6000?

John P. Eisenmenger jpe at egr.duke.edu
Wed Nov 7 00:58:27 AEST 1990

>From article <13605 at ogicse.ogi.edu>, by pturner at ese.ese.ogi.edu (Paul Turner):
> IBM wants $330 for one. Isn't that a little steep? Would anyone happen to
> know a source for cables?

You could try National Peripherals, Inc. at (708) 325-4151.  They sold me
a WREN VII, an Exabyte, an enclosure, and the proper cable to connect it
all to my 6000/320.  (The best part is that they shipped within 2 weeks
of receiving my purchase order (they only guarantee 30 days, though).  I
would bet they could get you the cable.

I wish I could elaborate on "what makes the cable special," but this is
my first SCSI machine.  For my setup the connector on the IBM end looks
like a small Centronics connector, while the device end looks like a
larger version of the same.

-John