Talk

Paul Maclauchlan paul at moore.com
Sat Nov 3 07:41:50 AEST 1990

I'm posting this for a friend, please respond by email to his address.
He will summarize the solution and post back to the newsgroup.

Question:

Has anyone got 'talk' to work on an RS6000 M320 that doesn't have a network
card installed. I'm told it is dependent on tcpip ( which I have added,
although it obviously semi-fails since ifconfig barfs ), and I have the inetd
and portmapper demons running. What else needs to be done?

I'm trying to pull the wool over the RS's eyes (hey who turned out the lights?)

Thanks!

Kevin Kimsa                  vmail: 416-366-6363
The Braegen Group Inc.       fax  : 416-366-4428
                             email: uunet!moore!bragrt!kck

.../Paul Maclauchlan
Moore Corporation Limited, Toronto, Ontario (416) 364-2600
paul at moore.com    -or-    {...!uunet,...!telly}!moore!paul
"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see"/JL'67