'6000 emacs (was Re: Two most popular questions on AIX 3.1, I bet)

John P. Eisenmenger jpe at egr.duke.edu
Wed Nov 7 01:09:50 AEST 1990

The problem:

RS6000 "old-timers" don't want to hear requests for ported-long-ago
software, but new 6000 owners need to find out where the stuff is.

My suggestion:

I would like to offer my services as a repository of RS6000 / AIX 3.1
information.  If people would send me short notes about what they have
ported and how it is available I will try to keep track of it all.  This
list, along with whatever sources I have room for, will be made available
from an anonymous FTP server at my site.  If this idea catches on I will
post a pointer to my server about once a month...

Queries:

Would this be agreeable to the community-at-large?
Is someone already doing this?

-John P. Eisenmenger			jpe at cameron.egr.duke.edu
 Dept. of Electrical Engineering	jpe at cs.duke.edu
 Duke university