X Server Dying

Marc Pawliger marc at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com
Sat Nov 10 05:33:01 AEST 1990

When X dies, yet the screen still displays what the server looked like
before it headed south, and you can't 'hot-key' to another HFT, don't
despair.  There is a 30 second timeout that will kick in and revert the
HFT that hung back to text mode.  I realize it's not the best solution,
but it beats having to reboot and wait much longer than 30 seconds.

These are my opinions, not IBM's, etc etc etc

+---Marc Pawliger---IBM Advanced Workstations Division---Palo Alto, CA---+
|    Internet: marc at ibminet.awdpa.ibm.com    VNET:    MARCP at AUSVM6    |
|     UUCP:     uunet!ibmsupt!ibmpa!marc      Phone:   (415) 855-3493    |
+------IBMinet:  marc at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com------IBM T/L:  465-3493--------+