InfoExplorer Remote PostScript -- Solved

Paul Lindner lindner at cs.umn.edu
Sat Nov 17 11:46:54 AEST 1990

I just found out how to make my infoexplorer graphic illustrations
print on a remote postscript printer.  I'm sure someone else probably
has this problem so here goes:

1) cd into /usr/lpp/info/data
2) edit the file PShead.
3) Add an exclamation mark after the first percent sign. So the first line
   looks like this:

%!

4) save the file and enjoy

The reason you need to do this is because the only way most printer
filters can figure out what is and isn't postscript is by looking
at the first line for the magic characters "%!".

Could someone mail me the software defect line number so I could
at IBM are reading this and can do it ASAP.)

--
Paul Lindner, Univ. of MN   \ Microcomputer /  Pauls Law: You can't
IT Sun dude, & UofM ACM pres \ Workstation / fall off the floor.