DBMS on RS/6000

Dewey Paciaffi eddjp at edi386.UUCP
Sat Nov 17 01:26:57 AEST 1990

In article <9530001 at hpcuhc.cup.hp.com> spuhler at hpcuhc.cup.hp.com (Tom Spuhler) writes:
>Anyone know which DBMS will work on the RS/6000?  We have heard of trouble with some.  Anyone with experience with any care to share their experiences?
>-Tom Spuhler

We're currently running "Limited Production" Oracle on our 6000. (Limited
Production means it came without manuals :-). The database is on a 320
and we currently have about 200 MB of data on-line. It's been stable.
There have been a couple of minor bugs, but nothing significant.

The application we're running has been migrated from our 3090 mainframe
(model ?? -- 2 cpus ). We have early results showing respectable
performance of the 6000 compared with the 3090. ( 3090 -> 25% loaded,
6000 -> 2 users )

We'll have better data in a month or two, as other applications are moved
onto the 6000. In summary, the RDBMS has been running well, we're having
good luck with it so far.
--
Dewey Paciaffi           ...!uunet!edi386!eddjp