Emacs/6000

gravishanker at eagle.wesleyan.edu gravishanker at eagle.wesleyan.edu
Tue Nov 13 01:44:18 AEST 1990

In article <1028700005 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, cs122ae at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

> Could someone please point me to an already-ported implementation of
> GNU Emacs 18.55 for the 6000?  Email would be great... thanks much.
>

> Marc Andreessen___University of Illinois Materials Research Laboratory
> __________________andreessen at uimrl7.mrl.uiuc.edu______________________

Hi

I did the following and everything worked out well:

	1. Got the emacs-18.55 distribution via anonymous ftp from
aeneas.mit.edu.

	2. After uncompressing and extracting the files using tar, I ftp'd to
byron.u.washington.edu via anonymous ftp. Cd'd to pub/aix/RS6000 and got all
the files from there to the appropriate directories.

	3. Followed the instructions in the emacs distribution and did a
build-install.

Everything worked just fine. X-windows support works for the most part, except
mouse control. Good luck.

Ravi