The C preprocessor

Paul Lindner lindner at cs.umn.edu
Thu Nov 22 04:23:00 AEST 1990

In <SCHALES.90Nov21104338 at photon.tamu.edu> schales at photon.tamu.edu (Douglas Lee Schales) writes:

>Is there any way to get the C preprocessor in AIX 3.0 to allow the following
>through:

>/**/#########

>Currently, it ignores the comments and tries to process the #'s  as a
>directive.  I've tried -qlanglvl={ansi,saal2,saa,extended} and they all
>give the same response.  Any suggestions?

Aha, sounds like you've ported X11R4 imake.  I had this problem too.
I'm not sure of the solution.  (When I made my vain attempt at porting
R4, I just deleted as many lines with /**/ as I could.   I wonder how
IBM did it for their version of imake?

--
Paul Lindner, Univ. of MN   \ Microcomputer /  Pauls Law: You can't
IT Sun dude, & UofM ACM pres \ Workstation / fall off the floor.