Problems with July 90 release of RISC6000

Jim Hudgens hudgens at sun13.SCRI.FSU.EDU
Wed Nov 14 02:41:57 AEST 1990

In article <5274 at basecamp.UUCP> jsg at basecamp.UUCP (JS Goldlin) writes:
>   1) First and foremost is a system crash with the message "Data
>      Storage Proc - Interrupt" when X is running along with a data
>      communications product.  Anybody else having problems
>      running other products with X?

    We complained about this, and sent in a few crash dumps.  One
machine crashed 6-8 times very sporadically over a period of a few
months.  The person I spoke to asked if there was large NFS mounted
filesystems on the machine having this problem.  There was in this
case and they sent us a patched /etc/nfs.ext (I think) file, and we
haven't had a recurrence of this problem.  Not sure if this patch was
folded into the new releases.

    The error log message is not too informative in my opinion,
but that's true in general for kernel error messages.

--
Disclaimer:  I didn't do it.
Jim Hudgens		Supercomputer Computations Research Institute
hudgens at sun13.scri.fsu.edu