MAXPROCS in AIX 3.1 - or other limit

Mathew Accapadi;3-3517 matt at mathew.austin.ibm.com
Fri Nov 30 10:35:00 AEST 1990

In article <659 at chevpyr.chevron.com> meo at chevron.com  (Mike E. Osborne) writes:
>Anyone out there know where to find the max number of processes
>per user (MAXPROCS in other AIX versions) in AIX 3.1 ?
>We seem to hit a limit of about 40 processes for users other than
>root and don't seem able to find any place to fix it.
>(40 is a small number for X applications)
>((yes we have looked in info, tried various limits, SMIT, etc.))

The maximum number of processes for users is defined by the "maxuproc"
attribute for the sys0 device.  To list the attributes, you could do
something like "lsattr -E -l sys0".  To change the max number of
processes, execute "chdev -l sys0 -a maxuproc=xxx" where xxx is the
number you want to set it to.  I suppose you could do this with smit also.