XStation 120 - AIXWindows vs. real X11 - Obstracle

Peter Yeung py at meadow.uucp
Tue Nov 20 02:36:14 AEST 1990

In article <MEZGER.90Nov18215800 at dia.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de> mezger at dia.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de (Kai Martin Mezger) writes:

>Trying to get an xterm (et. al.) from our HP-Boxes (HP-UX 7.0)
>displaying on these "displays" we don`t get nothing. Our PC/RTs
>display just great, so it won`t be a matter of disabled access (we do
>a xhost +).

First, we are not running AIX nor System/6000. However, we did experience
problems connecting an X-terminal (actually an emulation running on a PC)
and a System V.3 host to a System V.4 host. Apparently, the V.4 system required
to setup a socket number for X in the "services" file. I am not sure whether
it is your problem but it is worth checking out.
--
Peter Yeung     Amdahl Canada Ltd., Software Development Center
                2000 Argentia Road, Plaza 2, Suite 300