Non IBM Scsi Disk and memory

John D. McCalpin mccalpin at perelandra.cms.udel.edu
Wed Nov 28 07:36:54 AEST 1990

>> On 27 Nov 90 16:36:30 GMT, donp at niaid.nih.gov (Don Preuss) said:

Don> [.....]    Also, IBM is charging a shitload for
Don> their memory boards and SIMMS. Has anyone tried 3rd party memory/or
Don> recommend where to get it from.

I know of 3 vendors who are advertising RS/6000 SIMMs.  I also know
that the SIMMs from at at least the first two of these vendors
actually work, since I have had some in my machine for testing.

#1 Impediment, Inc.
   333 Franklin St
   Duxbury, MA 02332
   (617) 837-8877

#2 Clearpoint
   1-800-253-2778

#3 Dataram
   1-800-822-0071

Don't be surprised if there is a bit of a wait on delivery, since no
one is really geared up for production yet.  1 MB, 2 MB, and 4 MB
SIMM's should be available in quantity from these guys by January or
so (my guess).

John D. McCalpin			mccalpin at perelandra.cms.udel.edu
Assistant Professor			mccalpin at brahms.udel.edu
College of Marine Studies, U. Del.	J.MCCALPIN/OMNET