MAXPROCS in AIX 3.1 - or other limit

Ronald S. Woan ron at woan
Fri Nov 30 10:40:47 AEST 1990

In article <659 at chevpyr.chevron.com>, meo at chevpyr.chevron.com (Mike E.
Osborne) writes:
Mike> Anyone out there know where to find the max number of processes
Mike> per user (MAXPROCS in other AIX versions) in AIX 3.1 ?  We seem
Mike> to hit a limit of about 40 processes for users other than root
Mike> and don't seem able to find any place to fix it.  (40 is a small
Mike> number for X applications) ((yes we have looked in info, tried
Mike> various limits, SMIT, etc.))

Not exactly the most documented thing, but here it is:

lsattr -E -l sys0

to show the current system attributes...

To change:

chdev -l sys0 -a maxuproc=<num>

where <num> is the number you want to set it to...  This was discussed
in this newsgroup quit a few months ago in case you have this group
archived...

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan at peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin at iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +