Long boot time on RISC System/6000

rudy at chukran.austin.ibm.com rudy at chukran.austin.ibm.com
Tue Nov 6 10:17:07 AEST 1990

This is a shot in the dark:  Make sure that none of your SCSI devices
are set to SCSI ID 7, which is reserved for the SCSI controler.
I once saw a RISC system which had its 1/4" tape drive ID set to 7, and
it spent a LOT of time playing with the CD and tape drive before finishing
booting.  When I went to use the tape, it was not Available.
Do a quick check with "lsdev -C".  Just a guess.

IBM AIX Porting Center  | RSCS: CHUKRAN at AUSTIN
11400 Burnet Rd.        | AWDnet: rudy at chukran.austin.ibm.com
Internal ZIP 2830       | internet: chukran at austin.iinus1.ibm.com
Austin, Texas 78758     | Voice: 512-838-4674  Tieline: 678-4674