8mm and 1/4" SCSI addressing problem

Victor Grund grund at pyrite.som.cwru.edu
Mon Oct 22 11:43:09 AEST 1990

Just a small contribution to the net...

We've noticed that customers getting both the 8mm and 1/4" tape drive
options on their systems are getting both devices configured with
SCSI address 2.  Tapes will read a bit from these drives with
conflicting addresses, then give you the old "read error, assuming
zeros" message.  This should've been the first thing I checked, but it
wasn't and I wasted a good bit of time before I noticed it.

This is easily fixed by changing the address of one of the drives to a
free SCSI address by rotating the address knob on the back of the
drive.

Regards,
Victor Grund

--
Victor D. Grund 		| grund at pyrite.som.cwru.edu [129.22.48.4]
IBM Cleveland &                 | uunet!cwjcc!pyrite!grund