modems on RT (AIX 2.2.1)

Robin D. Wilson/1000000 robin at sabre.austin.ibm.com
Thu Oct 25 03:46:47 AEST 1990

In article <WINDLEY.90Oct16170649 at cheetah.cheetah.cs.uidaho.edu> windley at cheetah.cs.uidaho.edu (Phil Windley/20000000) writes:
>Either I don't understand the answer or you didn't understand the question.
>You say to "send" those to the modem.  That's the problem: sending ANYTHING
>to the modem.  I know how to get it into autoanswer mode, once I can send
>things to it.

Have you tried:

	cat <<! > /dev/ttynnn # Where nnn == the tty number
	AT&D3 E1 Q2 &C1
	!
???  This should work if the port in "delayed" or "shared" (if it is enabled
the port will be locked in /etc/locks, and these settings will not work
correctly.)

|The views expressed herein, are the sole responsibility of the typist at hand|
|UUCP:     cs.utexas.edu!ibmchs!auschs!sabre.austin.ibm.com!robin             |
|USNail:   701 Canyon Bend Dr.                                                |
|          Pflugerville, TX  78660                                            |
|          Home: (512)251-6889      Work: (512)823-4526                       |