TeX for RISC6000 again

flatau flatau at handel.CS.ColoState.Edu
Sun Oct 14 17:37:23 AEST 1990

I got tex.tar from byron.u.washington.edu.
We were able to get TEX and LATEX to work.
However, there are some problems with this particular
implementation:

1. web2c  doesn't compile so the .c files for tex, mf, and bibtex
 were taken from another UNIX system on which web2c works

2. The C code is for the small TeX (not for Big TeX).

3. This is 2.95 (and not 3.0)

4. patch doesn't compile

a) Is there anybody who would have implemented TeX3.0 for RISC6000 ?
(I guess from sources at labrea.stanford.edu distribution,
under UNIX3.0 subdirectory there. This, by default, builds
Big TeX.)

b) If not 3.0 how about version 2.95 or whatever  but with Big Tex
implemented and, perhaps, working web2c ?
(I got C code from Sun, where web2c works, so I could tangle
tex.web with ctex.ch patched with BIGTEX.PATCH.
However I get core dump when running initex on plain.tex)

Peter