RS6000 Uses

Rob McDougall rob at perle.UUCP
Mon Apr 29 23:43:19 AEST 1991

Although the RS6000 was designed primarily as a scientific
workstation, it has now started entering the marketplace where it
competes directly with the AS/400 as a 'business computer' - for
running accounting packages, manufacturing, etc.  Or at least,
this is what I have heard rumours of.

I've been keeping my eyes on this newsgroup to try and find out
what some of the uses for the machine are, but since most posters
(and netters in general) are very computer oriented, I get more
of a sense of what the specific technical issues are with the
machine.

If you are using the RS6000 for a purpose other than as a
workstation, I would be very interested in finding out what you
are doing with it.

Please reply via E-Mail, and I will post a follow up summary if I
get enough responses.

Cheers,

--
======= Rob McDougall   		Perle Systems Ltd; Scarborough, Ontario