nqs on a rs6000 aix v3.1.5

Jeffry Madura madura at hobbes.chem.uh.edu
Sat Apr 20 04:33:45 AEST 1991

I have been trying to install the nqs batch system on my rs6000 model 320
running aix 3.1.5.  I grabbed the nqs.tar file from byron.u.washington.edu
archive.  When I type make directories in the proto directory of nqs I
run across an error in the nmap.h file.  The error is a syntax error
on the statement typedef long mid_t.  If I change the compiler from
cc to xlc the nmap.h error goes away, however an error with the
/usr/include/sys/socket.h occurs. Any suggestions?
Has anyone installed nqs on a rs6000 running aix v3.1?

    jeffry d. madura
    madura at hobbes.chem.uh.edu