info and man pages

Jim Hudgens hudgens at sun13.scri.fsu.edu
Mon Apr 8 14:19:53 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr8.011454.6181 at ms.uky.edu> paul at wolf.ccs.uky.edu (Paul Linton) writes:
>A while ago I thought I saved a posting describing the technique for
>extracting the man pages from info and placing them in the /usr/man/*
>directories.  I've searched all over and cannot find the posting.

Semi-related question.  The ascii form of the man page and many info
documents in general (either printed from under info, or viewed using
man) leaves alot to be desired in terms of formatting, etc.
When viewed under info -g, the boxes drawn around certain strings
(such as flags, etc) tends to highlight them, so that they
stand out.  I find it somewhat more difficult to read
the straight ascii forms, in comparison to other UNIX's
man pages or customer printed documentation.  Is there
any way to get the fonts/boldface/etc you would if you were doing
something like:
    troff -man .... | lpr -t
on a Sun, SGI, or a Ultrix box?

Thanks.
JHH
--

Jim Hudgens		Supercomputer Computations Research Institute
hudgens at sun13.scri.fsu.edu