3003 info on other platforms?

Ed Kubaitis - CSO ejk at ux2.cso.uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 22 00:40:06 AEST 1991

  ||> There was a bug in the info script. Change the xrdb to xmodmap
  ||> Jon Alperin
  ||>
  |We did.  We still have the problem described.
  |Thanks, but any other ideas?

When we had trouble due to the xrdb in the script, we commented it out
rather than changing it to xmodmap as recommended. We have had no keyboard
mapping problems with either IBM or non-IBM servers.

If you're running info on some non-IBM servers (such as NCD & HP) but using
an IBM system as a font server, you may also have a problem caused by info
tampering with your server's font path.

IMO, clients should keep hands off of the server font path, key-mapping,
resource database, etc. Modifying these are the province of the user
or a display manager running on the user's behalf. At least, Info should
provide an option to bypass these favors.