Sendmail connecting to itself! Help?

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Fri Apr 5 02:03:07 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr3.234406.8469 at mp.cs.niu.edu> rickert at mp.cs.niu.edu (Neil Rickert) writes:
>In article <16986 at sunquest.UUCP> jew at rt.sunquest.com (/87336) writes:

>>Please help me with this problem if you can.  I am trying to get sendmail to
>>send to other hosts on the internet.  I am running AIX PS/2 1.2 on a PS/2
>>Model 70.  Everything works fine except outbound mail.  It seems that sendmail
>>connects back to the same machine instead of the destination machine:

> Many versions of 'sendmail.cf' come set up so that you can easily define
>a relay host.  I bet you defined yourself to be the relay host.

Good guess Neil, the only problem with it is that AIX 1.2's sendmail.cf does
not have the relayhost support in it as shipped. So unless he hacked the
rules this would not be a possibility. I suspect MX problems as I said in
a seperate posting.

Disclaimer: I only work here, I don't speak for the company.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM