curses attr*() and KEY_*

slh at gibdo.engr.washington.edu slh at gibdo.engr.washington.edu
Tue Apr 23 17:42:03 AEST 1991

	Has any one used curses and specifically the attr*() attribute
	functions and the KEY_* code from getch()?
	Using attron with anything but A_STANDOUT screws up cursor
	position and doesn't produce the desired/expected effect.
	The KEY_*'s codes never get returned from getch(),
	even with keypad(stdscr,TRUE) set.
	I either get nothing or at most what look like it might be
	the char from the escape code.
	I've tried almost all the KEY_* values and yes the receiving
	variable is defined as an int.
	I tried these things on the console, in an aixterm and
	on a vt100 (emulator), and they suck everywhere.
	Do I need to do something tricky?  Do they plain not work?

	Thanks.