8mm tapes

Ronald S Woan woan at nowhere
Thu Apr 4 01:19:25 AEST 1991

In article <590 at afc-tci.UUCP> joubert at afc-tci.UUCP (Joubert Berger) writes:
>I have a question about 8mm tapes.  Are there reasons not to use the
>8mm video tapes (i.e Sony 8mm Video which cost $9.00 vs Sony 8mm Data
>Cartrige which cost $18.00)?  Any insights, pros and cons, would be
>appreciated.

The guys at Exabyte claim the data tapes have better housings that
prevent dust entry, as well as a lower drop out rate...

Hmmm... $18 is pretty cheap...
+ Ronald S. Woan                woan at cactus.org or woan at austin.vnet.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +