Disk Quotas on an RS/6000

Ronald S Woan woan at nowhere
Tue Apr 2 14:22:53 AEST 1991

In article <1385 at cameron.egr.duke.edu> jpe at ee.egr.duke.edu (John P. Eisenmenger) writes:
>A quick and dirty question.  Can one impose disk quotas under
>AIX 3.1?  I'm currently running 3002 and I can't seem to find
>anything via info about limiting disk usage -- only accounting
>for it.  I would rather impose quotas before we go into full
>production...

Quick and dirty answer: No, as AIX 3.1 doesn't support disk quotas
though some (not me) that you might be able to accomplish something
similar by giving each user their own file system or something...
+ Ronald S. Woan                woan at cactus.org or woan at austin.vnet.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +