Connecting terminals to RS/6000's

jaa at pollux.geog.ucsb.edu jaa at pollux.geog.ucsb.edu
Wed Apr 3 11:45:28 AEST 1991

We have a model 930 system with a 64 port terminal card.  We are trying to
attach terminals which only have lines 2, 3, and 7 connected from the terminal
to the plug on the computer end.  We have found that the RS/6000 needs pins
6, 8, and 20 in order to operate (DTR, DCD, etc.).  We *could* simply wire
pins 6, 8, and 20 together inside the plug, however it'd be *real nice* if
AIX allowed you to tell the operating system to simply assume DTR is there all
of the time (in the same manner as BSD Unix in the config file for the kernel).

We have tried everything obvious under SMIT (like setting "clocal" on the line)
and ~found no joy~.  Anyone have any ideas?

I don't read this newsgroup regularly so please reply to me directly.

Jesse Adam
<jaa at pollux.geog.ucsb.edu>
--
Jesse Adam