Info won't recognize database

David Berkowitz david at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com
Thu Apr 25 15:07:20 AEST 1991

In article <41921 at netnews.upenn.edu>, massa at aurora.cis.upenn.edu (Mike
Massa) writes:
|> I copied the CDROM version of the infoexplorer database onto a new
|> filesystem
|> on our hard drive, mounted the filesystem in the same place the cdrom
|> was
|> previously mounted, and tried to fire up infoexplorer. It returned
|> "Cannot
|> find database 'nav' in info configuration file." I checked the file
|> ownership
|> and permissions. Everything appears to be identical between the cdrom
|> and hard
|> disk versions. Anyone know why info fails? Thanks.

Previous versions of the CD had extra characters at the end of the file names.
Are you certain that the database files (as defined in
/usr/lpp/info/data/ispaths)
are correctly named?
--------
David Berkowitz  uunet!ibmsupt!david  (415) 855-4485 |
                                                     | Take off your
shoes.
IBM Personal Systems Programming, Palo Alto          | for industry!
This does not represent an official IBM position.    |