RS/6000 device driver

Larry Morris larry at morpho.UUCP
Thu Apr 18 06:53:14 AEST 1991

lso at softpro.stgt.sub.org (Lars Soltau) writes:
>If anyone has found further documentation about "busresolve()", please tell me
>about it. By the way, the manual says that the configure method is supposed to
>call "setleds()", but this routine is also not documented anywhere. I found
>out by trial and error that it's "void setleds(int)".

Well, I can't say why its not in the manuals, but it is in the course notes
for IBM's "Writing AIX Device Drivers" class.  The description follows.

busresolve( logic_name, flags, conflict_list, not_resolved, bus_name )

    - Assigns bus resources to the adapter and ensures that bus
    - resources for the adapter do not conflict with other
    - adapters in the system.

    -EXAMPLE
	char * logic_name;
	char conflist[1024];
	char not_resolved[1024];
	struct CuDv CuDv;
	busresolve(logic_name, (int)0, conflist, not_resolved, CuDv.parent);

setleds( led_val )

    - Sets the LEDs at boot time

    - EXAMPLE
	if( ipl_phase != RUNTIME_CFG )
	    setleds( preobj.led );

As far as I know, this is the best (only?) place to find a lot of this
information.  For example, I still can't find a description of the kernel
printf routine used for debugging.  It does differ from the regular printf.
And the list of kernel subroutines under info seems incomplete.  The class
was very worthwhile, and you get a lot of documentation and sample code.
Talk to your SE.  I think they are offering the class.  The session I attended
was just to test out the course outline and get some feedback before they
started offering it on a regular basis.

Disclaimer: I write device drivers, not company policy.  The above opinions
are mine, all mine.
amc-gw!morpho!larry