Bug/Feature of Fortran under 3003?

Mahesh "BigMan" Subramanya mahesh at caradhras.cc.nd.edu
Fri Apr 12 01:06:13 AEST 1991

	We just upgraded to 3003 recently, and came across this
rather neat bug/feature of the FORTRAN compiler, where when a program
is compiled with the optimizer turned on, the compiler merrily
"skips" over entire sections of code.  It looks like DO loops are
the most likely candidates for being skipped over.  I've not been able
to track the specifics down yet (very large source).

Has anyone seen this, and do you know what it is

Oh, B.T.W., compiling without the optimizer works fine...

Frustrated and Frantic...

Mahesh Subramanya                     INTERNET: mahesh at darwin.cc.nd.edu
Senior Analyst
Office of University Computing
University of Notre Dame              Voice:    (219) 239-5600  x6421
Notre Dame,  IN  46556