termcap for aixterm?

Lee Woodbury leland at cs.columbia.edu
Sat Apr 20 02:26:27 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr19.011908.18227 at eagle.lerc.nasa.gov> hubler at galaxy.UUCP (Dale Hubler) writes:
>In article <1991Apr18.182548.13815 at cs.columbia.edu> leland at cs.columbia.edu (Leland Woodbury) writes:
>>The title says it all:  Anybody got a termcap for aixterm?
>>
>Check in the directory /lib/libtermcap for the termcap.src file.  I am
>sure Bjorn has this one in the FAQ, he certainly had a good answer
>when I asked this.  Thanks for this and the FAQ too, Bjorn!

I checked the FAQ before posting and saw only the termcap for the HFT.
Of course, I didn't know -- as I do now -- that the termcap for the HFT
and aixterm are the same.

But you make a good point.  Bjorn, if you're listening, maybe the next
edition of the FAQ could include this point?  More generally, what would
also be useful is for the FAQ to point out that the file known as
"/etc/termcap" on Real Unix machines is known as
"/lib/libtermcap/termcap.src" in AIX-land.  With this information, the
rest can be deduced.

Anyway, thanks for the information.

Leland Woodbury
INTERNET: leland at cs.columbia.edu
  USENET: ...!columbia!cs.columbia.edu!leland
  BITNET: leland%cs.columbia.edu at cuvmb
  USMAIL: Columbia Univ., 457 CS, 500 W. 120 St., NYC 10027-6699