RS/6000 Tape questions

Mark Fineman ~ mfineman at cadev5.intel.com
Wed Apr 24 06:45:06 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr23.152922.20686 at eagle.lerc.nasa.gov> hubler at galaxy.lerc.nasa.gov (Dale Hubler) writes:
>In article <1991Apr22.195656.10564 at panix.uucp> eravin at panix.uucp (Ed Ravin) writes:
>Look in info explorer for the tctl command.  Why they didn't make this
>named mt or set up as a link escapes me.  Must be a difference between
>BSD and SYS V.  I was looking for mt for a while also.
 How do I get the tape off-line or unloaded or write locked?
 The idea is that operator intervention should be required before
 more writes can occur to a given cassette. (E.g., when running backup
 I want to be able to force the operator to mount another tape, not
 just say he did.  I can't quite do this with mt, but at least I
 can do an mt offline or mt unload to force him to go over to the
 drive and do something.  tctl doesn't have offline, unload, writelock,
 etc.)
(408) 765-4277; MS SC3-36, 3065 Bowers Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95052

 / decwrl \
 | hplabs |
-| oliveb |- !intelca!mipos3!cadev6!mfineman
 | amd    |
 \ qantel /