using MX records with sendmail on RS/6000's

Scott Holt scott at prism.gatech.EDU
Fri Apr 5 09:24:33 AEST 1991

In article <10310 at hub.ucsb.edu> raj at pollux.geog.ucsb.edu (Richard A Johnson) writes:

>There isn't an A record for compuserve.com, but there are 2 MX records.
>My guess as the source of the problem would be that IBM's version of sendmail
>doesn't support MX nameserver lookups.
>
>Is this the case?  Does anyone have a fix?  (Other than "use MMDF-IIb" that is!)
>
>Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Look at the sendmail.cf file - look for a like that reads

#OK ALL

there are some comments above it which explain what it does. Put
simply, it enables processing of various types of nameserver
records - including MX. Uncomment and change this line as appropriate
and then

refresh -s sendmail

You may want to read through sendmail.cf and change a number of other
flags.

- Scott
--
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Scott Holt                 		Internet: scott at prism.gatech.edu
Georgia Tech 				UUCP: ..!gatech!prism!scott
Office of Information Technology, Technical Services