crashing 3003

Jon Alperin jona at iscp.Bellcore.COM
Tue Apr 23 22:03:09 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr22.212110.23579 at casbah.acns.nwu.edu>, roger at eccles.psych.nwu.edu (Roger Ratcliff) writes:

|> I crashed my rs6000 320 running 3003 with the following command
|> (aliased in .cshrc) 3 times today.  Now I dont do history for fear
|> of  ....
|>
|> alias h            'history \!* | head -39 | more'
|>
|> Could this be a bug, or is the flashing 888 a natural result of this.

Hey...I posted a warning about this a few days ago...It looks like
IBM has a problem with using more than one pipe on a command line....

p.s. We have determined that this problem is not unique to ksh (got it
under csh), and are pursuing with ibm (problem number is 8x856 if you want
to open anouther one and reference this...).
--
Jon Alperin
Bell Communications Research

---> Internet: jona at iscp.bellcore.com
---> Voicenet: (908) 699-8674
---> UUNET: uunet!bcr!jona

* All opinions and stupid questions are my own *