Slimming down a file system

jjs at morse.austin.ibm.com jjs at morse.austin.ibm.com
Wed Apr 10 00:17:38 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr06.151650.9878 at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu> dbeedle at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu (Dave Beedle) writes:
>     IN a similar vein...we have one harddisk in our Model 530 and due to
>financial constraints won't be able to get another on soon.  What can I
>get rid of to fee up space?  Is there some "junk" on the drive somewhere?
You might check /smit.log.  This is a record of all your smit activity
and can get pretty voluminous.

>    Also, while I'm at it...we do have a cd-rom drive on the way.  Just
>where, exactly are the man/infoexlorer info so I  can get rid of those?
These are in /usr/lpp/info/$LANG, where "C" is linked to En_US.
Unless you've specifically put the pubs on your hard drive, the
information here is pretty minimal.

Jim Shaffer
BellNet:	(512)823-4900
Internet:	jjs at aixwiz.austin.ibm.com

"Don't tell me I'm burning the candle at both ends -- tell me where to
get more wax!!"