Communication across V.23

Lars Berntzon lab at spader.cgl.se
Tue Apr 30 05:33:46 AEST 1991

Hello !
We have a problem making our RS6000 machine to communicate proper
across a V.23 modem link. I think the problem has to do with RTS/CTS
handshaking. When i try to set the RTS signal by using ioctl(TIOCMSET/GET)
the modem just hangs up (drops hook).
I am running a RS6000/320 with AIX v 3003 and an eight port RS232 adaptor.

Is this the right way to achieve RTS/CTS handshaking or is it possible to
turn off Xon/Xoff and use some build in RTS/CTS handshaking instead. Maybe
this is not the problem at all, if anyone has any suggestions or solutions
i will be happy to receive them.

    Thanks

Tommy Re'vai				tre at cgl.se
Cap Gemini Techno AB