info and man pages

Ronald S Woan woan at nowhere
Sat Apr 13 14:39:57 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr12.162022 at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com> david at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com (David Berkowitz) writes:
>In article <1991Apr8.011454.6181 at ms.uky.edu>, paul at wolf.ccs.uky.edu
>(Paul Linton) writes:
>|> A while ago I thought I saved a posting describing the technique for
>|> extracting the man pages from info and placing them in the
>|> /usr/man/*
>|> directories.  I've searched all over and cannot find the posting.
>|>
>|> Could someone please confirm or deny the ability to do this.  I've
>|> asked the IBM reps and they claim it can't be done.
>
>It really can't. It wouldn't be hard (for things like the command refrence
>pages) but it just isn't there now.

As Jim Salter and I pointed out in earlier responses, a method is
documented/outlines in the /usr/lpp/bos/bosadm document. Remember, as
IBM employees that just happen to be on the net, we are all speaking
for ourselves (rather than for the company, i.e. we are not official
support) and are prone to error.
+ Ronald S. Woan                woan at cactus.org or woan at austin.vnet.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +