Tektronix window under X ??

Richard A Johnson raj at pollux.geog.ucsb.edu
Fri Apr 19 10:34:22 AEST 1991

wjones at nwnexus.WA.COM (Warren Jones) writes:

>u714092 at mustang.larc.nasa.gov (prichard devon      ) writes:

>>I have an RS/6000-320 with X and Motif.  I need an X-window with Tektronix
>>4014 or 4115 emulation to look at plots.

>Try "aixterm -t".  This is an undocumented option that enables Tek
>emulation mode (4014, I believe).  Can anyone from IBM tell us if,
>in the future, this option will either (1) be officially supported
>or (2) disappear ?

No, probably aixterm -t will not disappear and probably it won't be documented
either.  When is IBM going to get with it and support a TRUE implementation of
X11R3?  By that I mean that if I type "xterm" I should get an X11R3 xterm, not
aixterm which is really an X10 program which has been ported to X11!

When IBM finally comes out with X11R4 will they still have "xterm" as a link
to "aixterm" or will they finally provide a true complete X11R4 xterm like
everyone else?

Just curious...