Generating an exception when NaN is assigned

jsalter at panews jsalter at panews
Sat Feb 9 13:50:31 AEST 1991

In article <1084 at qusuna.queensu.CA> lalonde at qucis.queensu.CA (Paul Lalonde) writes:
>Does anybody know how to make this RS6000 generate a floating point exception
>when I assign (inadvertently) NaN or Inf to a float or a double?
>I can't find anything on the FPU in the stack of manuals

Nothing in 3.1, 3.1.1 or 3.1.2.  Maybe in 3.2.  This is a known concern
and is being addressed.

> Paul A. Lalonde	 	Internet: lalonde at qucis.queensu.ca

jim/jsalter  IBM PSP, Palo Alto  T465/(415)855-4427  VNET: JSALTER at AUSVMQ
Internet: jsalter at slo.awdpa.ibm.com         UUCP: ..!uunet!ibmsupt!jsalter
  PS/2 it, or DIE!  :-)  The ramblings above have nothing to do with Big Blue.