RPC: Program not registered

Wally Strzelec packman at tamuts.tamu.edu
Wed Feb 13 08:00:43 AEST 1991

I have a RS6000/530 acting as a nis master for a sun4/490 running
sunos4.1 and when ever I run ypxfr from the sun I get the messages:

tamaix.tamu.edu: RPC: Program not registered
(info) tamaix.tamu.edu tamnis.tamu.edu ypservers ypxfrd getdbm failed
(reason =-1) -- using ypxfr

for every service, has anyone else got this problem...

Also does anyone have a "simple" procedure on how to set up a print
spooler on the aix so that I can use lpr.  Its doen't seem to be
anything like what I have seen before... smit wants to know some
intresting things about some buffers that it wants to set up.

	Wally Strzelec
	Texas A&M University
	Unix System Administrator
	packman at tamuts.tamu.edu

These are my own opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of
Texas A&M University.