Filesystem errors

Moffat gmoff at ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz
Tue Feb 5 18:05:18 AEST 1991

nordland at surf.rice.edu (peter nordlander) writes:

>We have problems with the root filesystem on an IBM RS6000/320.
>We keep loosing files on /etc and /lib. The loss appears to be
>random. The problem does not appear immediately after system
>installation but when users begin to log in and use the computer.

I have a 320 with a damaged block map on /usr, also bad inodes on / fs.
Aix is ver 3.1.0000.0000
I have been doing extensive experimenting with this and a 730 (it's the only
way to learn *B^) and assumed *I* did something nasty. The problem is not
evident on the 730 (but it's 3.1.0001.0003).  There has been no system load,
only me playing. RAM is 16Mb, (should be 24, but IBM replaced the 8 with a
16 instead of adding it) & 320Mb disk.
--
    Graeme Moffat,                        Phone : +64 9 737 999  x8384
    Computer Aided Design Centre,         Fax   : +64 9 366 0702
    University of Auckland		  Email : g.moffat at aukuni.ac.nz