X11R4 xload

Marc Pawliger marc at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com
Sat Feb 2 05:32:26 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan31.195110.19739 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, kline at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Charley Kline) writes:
[code for '6000 get_load.c deleted]

Thanks for the posting...

I should also point out that some folks from IBM Research have put a patch
file out on expo.lcs.mit.edu that patches the X11R4 (patchlevel 18)
distribution so that _all_ the directories except the server build on a
'6000.  The libraries are shared, so clients are also smaller and faster.
You can now have a real R4 xterm!  The patch sets up eveything to build
into /usr/local, so the R3 server, clients and libraries that we
currently supply can remain in place.

The file is available via anonymous ftp from expo.lcs.mit.edu in the
'contrib' directory.  It is called ibm-rs6000.fix1

+--Marc Pawliger----IBM Advanced Workstations Division----Palo Alto, CA---+
|   Internet: marc at ibminet.awdpa.ibm.com        VNET:    MARCP at AUSVM6  |
|    UUCP:     uunet!ibminet.awdpa.ibm.com!marc  Phone:   (415) 855-3493  |
+-----IBMinet:  marc at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com----------IBM T/L:  465-3493------+

As always, these are my opinions, not IBM's etc etc etc